This Weekend in Gulf Shores, be sure to check out the 41st Annual National Shrimp Festival. Each year, over 250,000 people take part in this 4 day celebration of what makes the coast so delictible. The outdoor festival features over 300 vendors that offer fine art, a retail marketplace, and of course, shrimp!
Two stages provide non-stop musical entertainment. Featured this year is country music star Phil Vassar.
FREE FOR ALL
Whether you're a Gulf Coast native, or a first time visitor this is a MUST-SEE event for everyone.
For more information about this event, visit: http://www.nationalshrimpfestival.com/
The City of Gulf Shores would like to make all residents and visitors aware of the following road closures related to the 41st Annual National Shrimp Festival.
• East Gulf Place is now closed to all vehicular traffic
• Gulf Place will close to all vehicular traffic beginning at 5:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 9.
• Highway 59 will close to all vehicular traffic at W. 1st Ave heading south at 5:00 a.m. on Wednesday, October 10.
• Access to West Beach will be available through Windmill Ridge Rd or by taking W. 1st Ave to W. 3rd St.
• Access eastbound to Orange Beach will be available through the Gulf State Park, Canal Rd or by taking E. 1st Ave to E. 2nd St.
• All normal traffic conditions on Highway 59 will resume at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, October 15.
• Gulf Place will reopen at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 16.
• All public beaches will remain open throughout the festival.
For more information regarding detours or closures, contact the Alabama Gulf Coast Area Chamber of Commerce at 251-968-6904 or visit the Shrimp Festival website at www.alagulfcoastchamber.com/pages/ShrimpFestival.